At the IFA in Berlin, Zidoo, among other things, introduced a new Media Player Zidoo X, which is positioned as the first multimedia device of a new generation. At the moment, it is known that the novelty will work on the basis of a brand-new Realtek RTD1619 processor with Cortex A55 cores and will support Dolby Vision and HDR10+.
Features of Zidoo X:
- SoC Realtek RTD1619
- RAM type DDR4
- 5″ LCD touch screen on the front panel
- Support 4K HEVC/H.265 12Bit BT.2020 and 4:4:4 color space
- Support for automatic frequency change (Autoframerate) and resolution (23,976, 59,94, 25, 30, 50, 60)
- XMOS + AKM 4497
- DSD512 / PCM768KHz @ 32-bit hardware decoding
- XLR / RCA preamplifier output
- Headphone output 6.35 / 4.4
The situation with HDMI is not clear yet, presumably version 2.0. There is a built-in high quality preamplifier and headphone amplifier available. Support for digital audio broadcasting, lossless playback and CUE tracks. In general, this device has a strong musical focus. Model X will be available no earlier than 2020. More information will be available in the near future.